I used to have falling hair back then and it got even worse after I have given birth to my child. When I was younger my hair was beautiful, bouncy straight and shiny but now it becomes thinner and lifeless. I even tried avoiding too much combing because I don’t want to see sooooo much falling hair. Then later I realized that if I neglect it, it might turn to hair loss. I am just 29 and I can’t afford to be like that!
Until I remember what my mom told me about the hair care technique which my aunt used to do. They use gugo shampoo and then they apply coconut oil on their hair to make it soft and smooth. That’s when I got the idea to use gugo. I believe that this is also what Filipinas do during the old times. With a little bit of research, this is what I did to make a gugo shampoo.
1pc. Gugo bark, 6 inches in size (can be light or dark but here I used the dark one)
(c)sweetandlovelygirl.wordpress.com- bought the gugo bark from Shopee for only 27 pesos per belt.😊
2 Tbsp. Braggs apple cider vinegar
1 liter freshly-boiled water
*Optional ingredients: fresh lemon juice and a teaspoon of coconut oil
1. Pour the freshly-boiled water on a pot or caserole then soak the gugo bark on it.
2. Wait for 3 hours or longer until the water looks like a tea.
3. Get the empty container and put the funnel and the strainer to filter the gugo fragments.
4. Pour the gugo tea to the container.
5. Add the apple cider vinegar and other optional ingredients if you wish to.
6. Close the container tightly and shake slowly until it is evenly mixed.
7. Keep in room temperature or if you want, in a refrigerator.
How To Use:
1. To use as shampoo, pour some part of it on a dipper (tabo).
2. Form bubbles / suds by shaking it using hands (kawkawin)
3. Then apply it directly to your wet hair especially to the scalp and let it stay for 3-5 minutes.
4. Rinse it well and towel dry.
Now you’ll see a livelier and healthier hair using natural organic materials. This solution also helps prevent and treat dandruff as it has anti-fungal properties. As of now, I still have some falling hair but it has decreased since I used it and the itchiness became less. The gugo bark can be used 3-4 times as long as you allow it to dry after each tea preparation. Just continue using it until you achieve the results that you want.